MCFARLAND, Wisconsin – November 17, 2023 — Amtelco announced the release of an updated Apple Interface for version 7.0 of their secure messaging app.
This revamped interface is designed to improve the user experience to help speed critical communications. Updates include the following:
- Passwords and Passcodes – Complexity requirements are displayed above the text field when creating new passwords and passcodes. Met requirements are displayed in strikethrough text. Icons are used to show or hide text when typing in password and passcode fields.
- Menu Drawer – Updates made to the menu drawer make it easier to view user profile information, navigate the various pages of the app, and access other accounts.
- Icons and Toolbars – Icons and toolbars throughout the app have been updated to improve their visuals and functionality.
- High Contrast Theme Colors – High contrast theme colors were added to make it easier for those with visual impairments, such as color blindness, to see and interact with the elements on the screen.
- Watch App Interface – The Apple Watch® app user interface has been redesigned. Buttons, icons, and fonts on each screen were updated to match the corresponding screens in the phone app.
“Amtelco’s Secure Messages Apple Phone App and Watch App user interface (UI) has received a comprehensive visual overhaul,” said Jessy Mohns-Scanlan, Product Manager for the R&D Software Department of Amtelco, “Design elements such as fonts, icons, and buttons were updated to better reflect Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), several screens have been modified to be easier to navigate, and new theme colors were added to increase user accessibility and customization.”
Amtelco Secure Messages was originally created for the healthcare industry but can be used by any business that needs to communicate securely. In healthcare, the app helps to unify hospital and clinical communications and streamline care team coordination by enabling staff to easily share texts, photos, audio files, and videos for secure, accurate communication while protecting electronic patient health information (ePHI).
The app can improve communication within any hospital department:
- The app seamlessly integrates with other Amtelco applications to communicate with nurse call systems and other alert software to expedite emergency code notifications.
- Healthcare contact center operators use the app to contact on-call staff quickly.
- Hospital maintenance crews can take a photo or video of a building issue and collaborate to address it. Housekeeping uses the app for bed management to quickly inform intake that a bed is ready for a new patient, improving their bed turnover rate.
- Lab personnel and radiologists use Amtelco Secure Messages to communicate critical results promptly.
About Amtelco Secure Messages
HIPAA and HITECH-compliant Amtelco Secure Messages is a secure messaging application developed by Amtelco for hospitals and clinics. The app provides end-to-end encryption that enables staff to securely send and receive texts, photos, audio, and video files. The app seamlessly integrates with existing software to improve an organization’s communication time while providing settings options to reduce alarm fatigue. The app can be used on mobile phones, smartwatches, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers and is available for Android™ and Apple® iOS devices. The Amtelco Secure Messages app also helps to protect staff and healthcare organizations from various litigation situations with delivery and read receipts, as well as a log that keeps track of messaging histories.