Healthcare leaders are tasked to do more with less – for patients, staff, revenue, and growth – all with fewer resources. The request to “do more with less” has always been a complex ask for administrators, but today even more strain and obstacles are barriers to providing excellent healthcare to patients, while growing revenue and combating staff burnout.
Healthcare organizations can use technology to help support and achieve their goals of increasing revenues while improving patient care and the clinician experience. These tools include the kind Amtelco offers to help streamline communication protocols and workflows both inside a clinical setting and for a hospital’s contact center.
Communication within a healthcare environment is complex. Accurate, fast communication is a critical part of a patient’s journey and their impression of an organization. Everything from patient caller wait times, communication between care providers, code call handling, and EMR integrations can be improved when using Amtelco software.
Below we offer a snapshot of the software features most used by our hospital customers.
Call Center Software
- Virtual servers and cloud provide flexibility.
- Improve call routing and management with:
- Deployment skills-based automatic call distribution (ACD)
- Built-in speech recognition
- Text-to-speech (TTS)
- Voice services
- Highly interoperable and connects with software from other vendors and electronic medial records (EMRs).
- Pre-programmed, intuitive, and customizable call flow scripts.
- Color-coding to help agents identify call types to handle calls more quickly.
- Protocols built into navigation scripts so that the script proceeds to the next appropriate question after an agent types in a caller’s response to a question.
- Emergency alert system that offers a more efficient way to handle disaster conditions and various code calls.
- Robust system that enables contact center agents to quickly contact multiple people, without taking up precious time.
- Our HIPAA-compliant secure messaging app, encrypts text messages so care teams can communicate and share photos, videos, and audio containing patient health information (PHI).
- Highly interoperable to easily integrate with other platforms and systems to make sharing critical data simple.
- miTeamWeb, a secure cloud-based on-call scheduling application, can improve workflows, increase efficiencies, and reduce costly errors.
- Increase availability with web-based scheduling, appointment taking, and appointment reminder solutions.
- Directory information is stored in a single location, enabling staff to view all directory, contact, status, and on-call information from one screen.
- Secured directories are accessible to approved personnel via web-based access.
- Seamless web-based applications makes working remotely easy.
- Customizable user-interface screens provide fast access to information that is used the most.
Reporting & Analytics
- Manage workload and staffing needs with a variety of reports.
- Call tracker analytics feature helps call center managers plan for workload and staffing needs to ultimately serve patient and medical staff callers better.
- Call center metrics dashboard to monitor agent productivity.
- Calls, messages, screen capture images, and more can be recorded, tracked, time-stamped, and stored to help protect both patients and hospitals in litigious situations.
These communication tools, and others, can help relieve some of the burden felt by staff by providing more efficient workflows, which results in a better patient experience. Communication software also provides data insights to organizational leadership, which they can leverage to streamline operations to reach their goals.